We are a professional membership association for athletic trainers and those who support the athletic training profession in Wisconsin.
Our mission is to improve the quality of health care for the physically active in the state of Wisconsin by the promotion and advancement of the athletic training profession and the licensed/certified athletic trainer.
1. Athletic trainers know and practice health care at the highest professional, ethical and quality standards in order to protect the public.
2. Athletic trainers are regulated and licensed health care workers.
3. More than 50 percent of athletic trainers work outside of school athletic settings; they provide services to people of all ages.
4. ATs improve patient functional and physical outcomes.
5. ATs specialize in patient education to prevent injury and re-injury and reduce rehabilitative and other health care costs.
6. ATs provide the same or better outcomes in clinical settings as other providers.