WATA Annual Business Meeting and Symposium
40th Annual WATA Meeting and Symposium
April 3 - 5, 2014
Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
Eau Claire, WI
The 2014 WATA Annual Meeting & Symposium will be hosted at the Plaza Hotel and Convention Center in Eau Claire, WI on April 3 - 5, 2014.
The Plaza Hotel & Suites
1202 West Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Rate: $96 plus tax/night; refer to block 8516 for WATA rate
This block of rooms will only be held until March 10th and then released to the public! Make your reservations today!!!
WATA Critical Incident Stress Management Workshop Offered
In conjunction with the 2014 WATA Annual Meeting & Symposium the WATA CISM Team and the WATA will be hosting a Critical Incident Stress Management workshop. The CISM Workshop will be held Thursday, April 3rd & Friday, April 4th from 8:00am-4:30pm at the annual meeting in Eau Claire, WI.
The CISM Workshop is offered to any WATA member athletic trainer interested in working with the WATA CISM Team. The WATA CISM Team is comprised of WATA member athletic trainers who provide support to our members who are faced with a critical incident involving their athletes, coaches, or colleagues.
Individual Crisis Intervention and Peer Support (14 CEUs)
Crisis Intervention is NOT psychotherapy, rather it is specialized acute emergency mental health intervention which requires standardized training. As physical first aid is to surgery, crisis intervention is to psychotherapy. Thus, crisis intervention is sometimes referred to as “emotional first aid”. Crisis interventions are typically done individually (one on one’s) or in peer groups. This two day program is designed to teach participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for individual interventions as endorsed by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF). The audience for this class focuses on athletic trainers. Realizing the true value of peer driven support, we wish to train participants in individual crisis intervention techniques. This course will be applicable to professional and personal circumstances that overload our typical coping mechanisms.
There is no cost for WATA members who agree to a 4 year commitment to the WATA CISM Team. Non-WATA members can attend for a cost of $100.00. You can register for this workshop along with your meeting registration. For questions contact Keith Owsley at email@example.com.
NOTE: Completion of the workshop does not guarantee approval and appointment to the CISM Team, but is required for consideration as a team member.
Past/Future Annual Meetings
- 1st Annual Meeting (WATA was Founded) - May 2, 1975
- Holiday Inn, Stevens Point, WI
- 2nd Annual Meeting - May 7, 1976
- UW-Whitewater, Whitewater, WI
- 31st Annual Meeting and Symposium - April 8-9, 2005
- Oshkosh, WI
- 32nd Annual Meeting and Symposium - April 28-29, 2006
- Brookfield Suites, Brookfield, WI
- 33rd Annual Meeting and Symposium - April 27-28, 2007
- La Crosse, WI
- 34th Annual Meeting and Symposium - May 2008
- Holiday Inn, Stevens Point, WI
- 35th Annual Meeting and Symposium - April 23-25, 2009
- Marriott Madison West, Madison, WI
- 36th Annual Meeting and Symposium - April 21-24, 2010
- Plaza Hotel, Eau Claire, WI
- 37th Annual Meeting and Symposium - April 14-16, 2011
- Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, Appleton, WI
- 38th Annual Meeting and Symposium - April 19-21, 2012
- Olympia Resort and Conference Center, Oconomowoc, WI
- 39th Annual Meeting and Symposium - April 11-13, 2013
- Chula Vista Resort, Wisconsin Dells, WI